Patrick Earley (b. abt 1831 Glenties d. 1895 Pennsylvania) married Bridget McGil

Welcome to Glenties Forums Genealogy Patrick Earley (b. abt 1831 Glenties d. 1895 Pennsylvania) married Bridget McGil

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  cmuller 1 year ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Chris

I’ve been researching my family tree – my GGGGF was Patrick Earley and his gravestone in Freeland, Pennsylvania reads:

“In memory of Patrick Earley, native of Ireland, County of Donegal, townland of Glenties, died Nov 26, 1895, age 64 years”

He married Bridget McGill, also a native of Ireland, and they had several children. An old book on Umberland County, Pennsylvania provided some additional information about his family:

“Patrick Earley, a native of County Donegal, Ireland, who came to America in 1851. For a number of years after coming to America Mr. Earley was settled at Tamaqua, where he followed farming, thence removing to Carbon county, Pa., where he spent the rest of his life. For several years he was supervisor of Banks township, that county. He died there Nov. 26, 1895. Mr. Earley married Bridget McGill, who survived him, dying Sept. 6, 1908, and they are buried in St. Ann cemetery, at Drifton, Pa. Eight children were born to their union Annie (deceased) married Thomas North;, Mary died in infancy; Edward is mentioned later; Bridget married John F. Cannon and resides at Locust Gap, Northumberland county (Mr. and Mrs. Cannon have had seven children, Agnes, who is a trained nurse, located at Reading, Pa.; Raymond; John; William; Anna; Mary; and Catherine); William lives in Carbon county, Pa.; John lives in South Bethlehem, Pa.; James is deceased; Catherine is the wife of Hugh C. Boyle and lives at Coatesville, Pennsylvania. Patrick Earley was one of a family of seven children, his brothers and sisters being: John, James, Joseph, Mary, Catherine and Bridget. Of this family, Joseph served in the Civil war, and two of his sons fought in the Spanish-American war.”

Bridget McGill also came to America around the same time as two sisters: Annie and Mary. Annie married an O’Donnell and Mary married Cormac Keeney. They all lived in the general vicinity of Luzerne & Carbon counties, Pennsylvania.

I’d appreciate any assistance or further information anyone might have. Thanks!!

Joseph
    Keymaster

Hello,

My family are Early’s from Mullinard, Glenties. I am compiling all information on the families to see how much I can link them together. Do you have any other information on your Patrick? Any siblings, children names etc may give some insight to what line he may have come from.

Rory

cmuller
    Participant

Hi Rory –

My apologies for the late response (7 years too late?!?)

I do have additional details regarding my Earley / Early family offspring, etc. Please e-mail me if you’d like to discuss further

Chris
    cygnified@gmail.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.