Congratulations to Marguerite and Donal Mc Loone, Main St. Glenties on the birth on Monday 22nd September 2008 of their fourth child, a baby brother (Shane) for Brian, Daniel and Chloe.
Congratulations to Maria (nee Mc Loone) and Stephen Mc Dermott, Altar, Glenties on the birth last week of their first child a baby girl (Aoife).
The annual Labour Party Church Gate Collection will be taken up in Glenties and Edeninfagh on Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th October.
Next Friday 3rd October the 26th Annual Fiddlers Weekend kicks off with sessions throughout the town. On Saturday free fiddle lessons with leading players will take place in the Highlands Hotel from noon to 1.30 p.m. A bus tour to landmarks of fiddling in the Glenties area will leave the hotel at 3.00 p.m. on Saturday afternoon. The highlight of the weekend takes place on Saturday night at 9.00 p.m. when the annual concert with a good balance of Scottish and Donegal fiddlers takes place in the Highland Hotel. Ronan Martin from the Isle of Skye is a special guest this year.
Preparations are at an advanced stage for the Edeninfagh School 70th Reunion, which takes place from 24th – 26th October. Copies of the Programme are available on the Glenties Website or from a Committee Member or in the Church. Tickets for the Dinner Dance on Sunday 26th are for sale in the Glen Tavern.
The Regional Employment Service are inviting parents in the home to participate in a “Skills for Life Programme” which will take place in the Tara Hotel, Killybegs, beginning in October 2008 for 10 weeks, 2 mornings per week (subject to funding). This programme will differ from other approaches in that it will be flexible and client focused. The objectives of the programme include allowing parents an opportunity to review the skills and talents already possessed, and to consider the skills and talents that they may wish to develop. The subject areas that the “Skills for Life Programme” will address include: Personal Development and Confidence Building, Communication Skills, Job Seeking Skills and Career Planning. Places may be limited so please contact Michael or Mary at the Regional Employment Service on 074 9128010.
A big Thank You to everyone that came to the Dance last Friday night 26th September in the Highlands Hotel, Glenties. A special thanks to all who bought tickets, gave donations and spot prizes and also to the staff of the hotel. The money raised will go towards the re-wiring of the Church.
The Friends of Letterkenny General Hospital wish to thank all those who gave so generously at their Annual Glenties Harvest Fair Collection. The amount collected was €1,331.10c.
Downstrands Family Resource Centre Night Classes:
- Computers for Men – Ardara Community Child Care Centre on Monday nights, starting on 6th October for 8 weeks. Cost € 65.
- Intermediate Computers – Downstrands Women’s Centre on Monday nights, starting 6th October for 8 weeks – Cost € 65.
- All computer classes are from 8.00p.m. until 10.00 p.m.
- Morning Exercise Class – ‘Stretch – Move & Relax.’ in the Dolmen Centre, starting on Monday 6th October 10.30a.m. – 12.00 for 8 weeks. Cost € 50. Suits all level of fitness.
- 3 – Day Occupational First- Aid Course (certified) – Ardara 22nd 23rd 24th October 10.00 a.m. – 3.00 p.m. Cost to be decided subject to availability of funding. For further information contact Ann / Bernie / Hazel at 074 9545879. Limited spaces available on all courses. Please book by Friday 3rd October.