September 12, 2019
September 15, 2019
12th – 15th September 2019 – Glenties Harvest Fair Festival – The Glenties Harvest Fair Festival is one of the highlights of the Donegal calendar every year and is normally held over a long weekend in early September. This traditional Irish event has been held for more than two hundred years and is a real living celebration of Donegal’s rich heritage.
The fair always proves a big hit with locals and tourists alike. There’s plenty of entertainment and fun events on offer over the weekend to keep the whole family entertained, especially the kids.
On the “Fair Day” itself Glenties’ wide main street is transformed into a scene from days gone by with demonstrations of sheep shearing, creel making, rope making and other traditional fair activities. There are Market stall lining the main street throughout the fair day. McGurks Amusements will be on hand to keeps kids of all ages entertained. There is also music on the street throughout the day.
The Festival programme varies from year to year but typically it will include some of the following events:
- Traditional Fair Day with over 100 Market Stalls (Thursday, 12th September)
- Festival Queen Dance (Saturday night)
- Parade with Bands, Floats and much more (Sunday)
- Rake the ashes
- Vintage Tractor drive on Main Street
- Family Fun Day
- Treasure Hunt
- Ceili Dancing on Main Street
- Music nightly in the local pubs
- Annual Harvest Fair 10K Road Race (Sunday 8th Sept)
- And MUCH MUCH More…