Skip to content Skip to left sidebar Skip to footer

Minutes of Parish Council Meeting 11th June 2009

Minutes of previous meeting were read
Proposed By: Michael O’Donnell
Seconded By: Bernie Keeney

Library

The GARC group has a positive meeting to bring the Library committee on board with their plans.
It was decided to start a petition to try and bring the library back to the town.

Sewage Scheme

A letter from Mary Coughlan was read.
The tender documents are with the department and will take approx 4 months to go through. The tender plans will need to be looked at when finished so we know exactly what’s happening and we can make sure the work being done is what’s needed.

Rural Transport

The rural transport scheme is due to start on Friday 12th June and will run every Friday. People will get two and a half hours in the town. It’s €5 return or free for people with a travel card.

Ard Connell

The work has been completed on replacing the water pipes and fixing the footpath. Everyone is happy with the work that was done.

Tidy Town

The All Ireland competition was judged in May and we will find out the results soon.
The Tidy Town competition starts now and runs until the end of the summer. Everyone is asked to take care of the town and be prepared for the judging.
The Garda have been called in to investigate vandalism that took place at the fountain.

Playground

The Loch an iúir playground still hasn’t started and looks like now funding for all projects has gone. Someone from the playground committee will need to attend the next meeting to give an update. Terence Slowey will be asked to follow up on this matter.

Health Centre

The planning permission is close to being granted and is still due to start in August.

Alcohol Abuse Awareness

A programme has started with the Youth Club to discuss the effects of alcohol and substance abuse.

Defibrillator

There is still no place in the town to store the second defibrillator. The Garda Station is seen as the best place and this will be pursued.

GARC

The committee are to meet with the Donegal Mountain Rescue to discuss the use of the old fire station for storage of equipment while GARC work on the future plans for the building.

 

The next meeting will be 9th July at 9:00pm in the Highlands Hotel

0 Comments

There are no comments yet

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.